Guest Post: Diana of Retro Glam

Today we have a guest post from the ever so lovely Diana, of Retro Glam! I've been following Diana on her social media sites for awhile now, and I am always impressed with her unique vintage/thrifted finds. She finds the best treasures, really! So, I asked her to share her top three tips with us! Here we go:

I have been thrift shopping ever since I was in the fourth grade. I remember my mother taking me every Monday with her to the thrift store to look for school uniforms. She would only go on Mondays because they were half price day. There I discovered my love for vintage. My closet is 90% vintage thrifted clothing, the other 10% are department store bought items. Here are three tips that will help you thrift shop like a pro: 

My Top 3 Thrift Shopping Tips

1. KNOW YOUR STYLE: It’s hard not to feel overwhelmed by all everything you find in a thrift store. Before you go to the thrift store you should have an idea of what styles of clothing you are more likely to wear. This will narrow your options and help you feel less overwhelmed. 


2. KNOW YOUR CLOSET: A lot of us have so many great pieces in our own closet and we don't even realize it. Look through it well. You may have a great blouse, but maybe you need a skirt that will better complement it or the other way around. This should keep you from buying more of the same things and have less clutter. 


3. KNOW YOUR THIRFT STORES: Some thrift stores have half price specials on specific days and holidays. Look for schedules and see what those are. This will help you get more for your money. 





Outfit: dress thrifted vintage, belt thrifted, shoes thrifted Nine West, purse thrifted vintage. 

Diana has graciously offered my readers a 30% discount to anything in her store. Use the code "prettyisthis". This offer ends Sunday, October 14th, 2012.


Follow her on Instagram: @retroglamgirl

Thank you, Diana! 

xo,
Stefanie

2 comments:

  1. She is so pretty! I already bought two items from her site!Her blog is also awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Pretty Is This! I love to read your comments, go ahead and leave one! :)